Anthroposophic pharmacy is derived from two sources: "material" science on the one hand, and "spiritual" science on the other. Neither one may be taken in isolation. Anthroposophy recognizes a relationship between human beings and nature through their common evolution. This relationship is the basis for anthroposophic pharmacy. Man and nature have a common history; gradually man has emancipated himself from nature. In illness man finds himself becoming similar to the processes in nature. In order to regain control over his humanity, transformed natural substances can be given. The International Association of Anthroposophic Pharmacists IAAP is the governing body of the international community of anthroposophic pharmacists within the Medical Section of the Gotheanum.
The aims are:
- to set standards for national associations who wish to be recognised as members of the IAAP
- to welcome individual pharmacists as members from countries, where no national anthroposophic pharmacist associations exist
- to represent also professionals working in the field of Anthroposophic Pharmacy
- to represent Anthroposophic Pharmacy at international level
- to give guidance for further training in Anthroposophic Pharmacy in order to enable national training programmes
- to certify national training programmes
- certify individuals according to specific requirements where no national training programmes exists
- to award pharmacies with the Anthromed® Pharmacy label if they ensure a specific quality assurance system for anthroposophic pharmacies
- to elaborate quality standards for pharmceutical preparations through a detailed documentation of pharmaceutical processes and substances (APC)
Asia-Pacific Training Programs (IPMT)
Training in Anthroposophic Pharmacy
APC 4.2. released
Edition 4.2 of the Anthroposophic Pharmaceutical Codex (APC) released: Four new substances, missing in edition 4.1, were added. Methods and monographs were revised. Monographs and requirements of the current version of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur. 10.1) were taken into account.
Colloquium (26-28 Nov 2020)
Due to the current Corona situation the presence event "Colloquium on Anthroposophic Pharmacy" has been canceled for the time being. It is planned to postpone the face-to-face event to a later date.
To facilitate colleagueship between anthroposophic pharmacists world-wide by the active building of community between anthroposophic pharmacists you are wellcome to join the IAAP, for the purpose of
- organising workshops/conferences
- widening anthroposophic pharmacy awareness, especially in retail pharmacists
- research into anthroposophic pharmaceutical matters
- support the elobaration of quality standards to ensure legal recognition of anthroposophic pharmacy
We wish to act as a centre of information for anthroposophic pharmacists and to share best practice world-wide.